Ever since I saw Darren Hardy speak in 2013, and read his book, The Compound Affect, I have been a big believer in reading to improve my knowledge and help improve my focus and drive. He said something in that seminar that really got to me. It’s been a few years, so I’m sure he put it much more eloquently, but here’s the jist…
You could go to school, study, research, visit various places and interview various people if you had the time and ability… or, you could pick up a book and soak up the knowledge of someone who spent years researching a topic, studying it, mastering it, interviewing, traveling etc etc.
Think about it… Every book that you read is like soaking up the brilliance that someone else dedicated their life to. Hundreds of years worth of knowledge and experience in a single bookshelf. It’s powerful stuff. Well, because I want the same thing for you, here is an ever growing list of books that I read.
Keep in mind that not all are G-rated… So, there is some language warnings. I also gravitate towards books that work on your confidence, drive and a warm SOI business platform, so if you’re looking for cold, hard, marketing techniques, you’ll have to look somewhere else.
- The Compound Affect by Darren Hardy
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy
- Darren has a few books on my wish list, but if you haven’t signed up for the Darren Daily, daily motivational emails, do so now.
- The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John Mann
- Bob Burg and John David Mann have written many books that I have read and love, the Go-Giver Leader, Go-Givers Sell More, Adversaries to Allies (to name my favorite)
- Sell With Soul by Jennifer Allan-Hagedorn
- ALL of Jennifers Books, blogs, webinars, and SWS club have been such a huge inspiration to me and my business. I highly recommend every agent look into SellWithSoul
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Outrageous Authenticity by Leigh Brown
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
*I read and listen to a lot of books, these are just the ones that stand out, after making a true difference in how I think, act and work. The list will grow… I have a full wish list still.